Director, Public Relations and Marketing
Established in 1977, Strategicon Conventions owns and operates three annual tabletop gaming conventions: Orccon, Gamex and Gateway. I was the first paid hire.
As the primary support for our executive director, I am responsible for marketing, public relations, community and press outreach, photography, brand partnerships, ad sales, design, social media and logistics. Since I joined the team, attendance has grown 10% year over year and our Twitter followers have octupled.
The Bohle Company
Technical Writer / Account Executive
The Bohle Company was a full service corporate public relations firm.
As part of the team, I developed and executed social and traditional media programs for video game and tech clients. Specialized in press releases, graphic design, event planning, research and copywriting. Served for three years as Operations Manager for the Serious Play Conference, an international leadership conference focusing on the use of games in the medical, corporate, military and education sectors.
IndieCade: the International Festival of Independent Games
Technical Director / Marketing Coordinator
While serving as Technical Director for IndieCade, I frequently helped the Marketing team with the technical aspects of the festival (and miscellaneous design tasks) and was the primary point person for events outside of the main festival. Some examples:
- Large booth at E3, 2012 and 2013
- Game Nights at Westfield Century City, summer 2013
- A guerilla marketing program covering downtown Culver City
- IndieCade parties at local studios (Riot Games, Glitch City)
- Competition Jury sessions for multiplayer/special platform games
- IndieThon, a 20-hour gaming marathon at Gamer Doc in Highland Park
- A massive university outreach program for the Game U track